sumome

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Who They Really Are

Life is about More.
We live, we experience, we then crave more. We are ever expanding, ever changing, ever moving forward beings. Isn't it exciting? Who wants to be static?

Well life has changed a bit for me over the last few months, which anyone who has read these posts could tell you. My vantage point, that place of experience and perspective has altered, and quite honestly there's a new website to prove it.

I can't tell you how exciting it is to know my book is being released next month. It feels different then I ever expected. I thought I would feel pride and accomplishment, instead I sit wondering how those words came from me, I realize in wonder that they came through me, and I feel like I have taken part in something, something that I hope my children's children's children will look at fondly. Can I actually have a legacy?
But then there's the craving of more. Suddenly, its not enough, I'm looking to new avenues, to the lecture tour, to meeting with parents, to talking about people's parenting experiences, to consult and assist parents and together co-create new experiences for our children, stop, I'm getting too excited now. Breathe.

You know, there's that lovely moment, just after your baby is born. You don't have to think about pregnancy any longer, you have no worries about tomorrow. It is by far the most in the moment thing, as your new vantage point pours over you, without the craving for more. I can't think of any other time when the moment is all you need. Sure a few hours later, maybe a couple of days, your baby will shift you again, you might crave more sleep, more time, more peace.... more, more, more. But in that blissful moment, Life stands still and allows you to savour it.
If I could talk to all the pregnant women out there, I would say, make sure you savour that time. With your baby in your arms for the first time, breathe him in, take stock of his hair, his fingers, his toes. Savour the moment that there is no future, there is no past, there is just Now.
I savoured it, and now I look for times to experience that blissful moment of Now again. I gotta tell you, there are few that match that moment of new birth.

Anyway, check out the website if you get a chance, www.christinafletcher.ca and if you like get regular updates via the Facebook Page Spiritually Aware Parenting. I'm putting a "like Box" on here ASAP!
Be well, happy and thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment